Population: 54,878 (est.)
Capital: George Town
- The Cayman Islands dollar is the official currency of the Cayman Islands.
- Christianity is the predominant religion on the island with Roman Catholicism being having the most adherents.
- Life expectancy is around 78.12 years for men and 83.51 years for women.
- Literacy is very high with around 98% of the population being literate.
- With no direct taxation, the islands are a thriving offshore financial center.
- Tourism is also a mainstay, accounting for about 70% of GDP and 75% of foreign currency earnings. The tourist industry is aimed at the luxury market and caters mainly to visitors from North America.
- The Cayman Islands’ climate is a tropical marine with warm, rainy summers from May to October and cool, relatively dry winters from November to April.
The Cayman Islands is a British Overseas Territory located in the western Caribbean Sea. The territory comprises the three islands of Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman, located south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica. The Cayman Islands are considered to be part of the geographic Western Caribbean Zone as well as the Greater Antilles. The territory is a major world offshore financial centre.